It can happen that PEd uses different variables for object
transformations than you have in you project. So before starting to use
PEd, we reccomend you to check if the variables are matching, otherwise
you would not be able to use the editor. To do so, go to the Extensions,
open PushEd, PushEd.gml and you should see a short list of constants.
Each constants represents a variable.
|PEd_VAR_POS_X||Instance position on X axis.|
|PEd_VAR_POS_Y||Instance position on Y axis.|
|PEd_VAR_POS_Z*||Instance position on Z axis.|
|PEd_VAR_ROT_X*||Instance rotation around X axis.|
|PEd_VAR_ROT_Y*||Instance rotation around Y axis.|
|PEd_VAR_ROT_Z||Instance rotation around Z axis.|
|PEd_VAR_SCALE_X||Instance scale on X axis.|
|PEd_VAR_SCALE_Y||Instance scale on Y axis.|
|PEd_VAR_SCALE_Z*||Instance scale on Z axis.|
List of automatically saved variables:
These variables are ALWAYS saved into the room file (GM's native or external .bbmap). Any other additional variable has to be written into instance creation code. Writing variables into the creation code is done by PEd_instanceAutocompleteCode
. Loading variables from creation code, which is necessary only for external "*.bbmap" room files (in GM's native rooms this is done automatically), is done in PEd_assignVariable
. So if you make any changes to the constants, make sure that you have also rewritten variable names in those two scripts.
*Additional variables, necessary only for 3D transformations. If you are using PEd for creating 2D levels, you can leave these constants as they are.
PushEd (further only as "the product")
- We are not responsible for any possible damage caused by using the product.
- You are allowed to edit the source code of the product on your own risk.
- You are not allowed to claim that you are the author of the product.
- Any further distribution (both commercial and non-commercial) of the product's source code or of it’s modifications is strictly prohibited.
- We do not require any mention in credits that your game/application uses or has been made using the product, but we would really appreciate it.
- By using the product you agree with this licence.
Copyright © 2014-2017 BlueBurn.
Welcome to the official PushEd documentation portal. This documentation has been created with GMDoc
on August 8th, 2017.
PushEd (shortly PEd) is the first of it's kind 2D/3D level editor for GameMaker: Studio made in GMS and it comes as an extension that you put into your project. You can export levels to the GM's native room format or to an external one. That means you can use it just for the development or you can leave it in your game for players to make their own levels.
- Easy to setup and use.
- Intuitive controlls.
- Change all room and views settings.
- Drag&drop objects into the level.
- Grid alignment.
- Set instance creation code.
- Move, rotate and scale instances.
- Set instance colour.
- Multiple selection.
- Copy selected instances.
- Resizable window and panels.
- Save and load rooms.
- Tile editing.
- Level export and import (external file, great for modding).
If you have any suggestions or you found any bug please report it on our bug tracker
or you can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org